Acquired Information and Scope of Use
The Company shall obtain user information by the following means:
When creating a new account, the telephone number, email address, and phone-book will be used for the following aims and purposes:
- The user’s mobile phone number (for Smartphone users), or mobile-phone email address (for feature-phone users) will be acquired in order to find other users of the Service who the user knows or may know and register or recommend them as friends, as well as to confirm the identity of the user and prevent any unauthorized use of the Service.
- The phonebook stored on the device will be used to find other users of the Service who the user knows or may know and register or recommend them as friends, as well as to prevent any unauthorized use of the Service. (Only the phone numbers and mobile email addresses stored in the user’s phonebook will be used. All other information such as names, photos, addresses, and email addresses not associated with mobile phones, will not be acquired.)
- In order to carry-over an existing Service account onto another device, or to use the features which allow users to access the same Service account on multiple devices (hereinafter referred to as ‘Multi-device function’), the users will need to register an email address (for feature phone users, this will be the email address mentioned in step one, above) and to configure a password. To avoid the unauthorized use of our services, we will consider your Email addresses and passwords as the identification proof. Conventionally speaking, users have to give these details if they need access to multi-device functionalities.Such information mentioned in the above sections cannot be seen by other users. Also, users can choose whether to submit such information. While submission is optional, if users decide not to provide such information, they may not be able to enjoy all or parts of the Service offered. When a Service account is deleted, the Company shall delete all such user information in accordance with company regulations.
- Other User Information
We ask users to provide additional details like profile information (Service display names, profile photos, messages etc.), full name, and date of birth, to ensure that they are using our services smoothly. Furthermore, other users within the service can view profile and other information (in the form of text, videos, photos etc.) which the users themselves have registered or posted with the aim of sharing with other users. While submission is optional, if users decide not to provide such information, they may not be able to enjoy all or parts of the Service offered.
- Promotional Events
For the purpose of surveys and other promotional events, users have to give their personal details including name, address, phone number, email address, gender, and date of birth etc.,
Once the company acquires the details, it will be utilized for sending courier prizes or for delivering the purchased products.
- User Contact Information
To address the reported problems, the company obtains the details of users including their phone number, email address, device type, and OS type etc.
Use of the Service
The user’s IP address, browser type, and browser language etc., will be automatically acquired once they use our service. Such information will be used to analyze user environments, thereby enabling the Company to provide a better Service, as well as to prevent any unauthorized/fraudulent practices which interfere with normal Service operations.
- Location Information The location information transmitted from user’s mobile devices will be utilized under some of the services that we offer. The Company only uses such information within the scope that is necessary in order to provide the designated service. When users have not allowed their location information to be sent via the settings menu on their devices, location information will not be sent.
- Device Information
The users’ device information (OS type, serial number, PC hardware information etc.) may be acquired at times. This information shall be used for the provision of a better service, as well as for identification purposes and prevention of any unauthorized/fraudulent practices which interfere with normal Service operations.
Purpose of User Information
Regarding the scope of usage, if usage rules and limitations have already been determined upon collection of a particular set of user information, as is the case concerning the use of phone-book data, the information concerned shall only be used in accordance with the scope of that particular function. Listed below are few instances, where the company will be utilizing the personal information of the users:
- To learn about people who the user may know, or have registered them as friends
- To avoid the fraudulent/unauthorized use of the service
- To provide glitch-free service for the users
- To aggregate statistical data regarding the Service
- To conduct research and analysis aimed at reviewing and improving Services
- To enable the Company to deal effectively with user inquiries
- To deliver information about the service, as well as advertising information from the business partners
- To update about the future developments concerning the services
- To send gifts for winners from promotional events, and also for delivering the purchased items to users
- To carry out identity verification in the event of inquiry from a user
- To look through user claims regarding paid services and purchased items
- To update users with respect to the services if needed
Provision of Information
User’s personal details will not be parted to third parties unless the company is required and permitted under the regulation.
The Company may entrust, to the extent the Company considers necessary to achieve the intended purpose concerning the use of the Service, the handling of personal information collected from users, in whole or in part, to a trustee. In such circumstances, the Company will adequately assess the eligibility of the trustee, impose a confidentiality agreement upon the trustee, and establish an appropriate information administration system.
Shared Use of Information
The user’s personal information could be shared with a business partner in regard to the service which is being provided to the user. In such instance, users will be updated with the name of the business partner, and the information manager with whom the information would have been shared. Apart from this, the users will be made aware of the form of information which would have been shared.
Measurement of Advertising Effectiveness
Since the Company shall pay expenses to advertising agencies for Service advertisements published in other media, the Company may install third-party modules within the Smartphone versions of the Service application in order to measure the effectiveness of the advertising. Details regarding which applications the third-party modules will be installed on etc. can be viewed here.
If needed, users can correct their registered personal details including email, address, and/or password that is given for the service. They can even delete their account when needed. If users are unable to access the personal information via the service, they can send a request to the company for the disclosure of the same, except under following circumstances:
- When the disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property or other rights or interests of the user or any other third party.
- When the disclosure is likely to severely interfere with the Company’s proper operation.
- When disclosure itself would constitute a violation of laws and/or regulations.
- When the company is unsuccessful in ascertaining the user’s personal information requested for disclosure.
Following the disclosure of details, if found incorrect, users as per the procedure may send a request to the company for any sort of corrections or deletion of the information provided.
The company, in the course of such events, shall quickly look through the personal information of the concerned users and do the needful. If the company is unable to access/confirm the user’s personal information, then the users may be charged a certain fee for the disclosing their details. The users can choose freely whether or not they will provide the Company with their personal information, however, the users may be unable to use a part of the Service until they have provided the Company with the necessary information.
Withdrawal from Our Services
Upon withdrawing from our Services, when a user account is deleted, all user information will be disposed of in the correct manner in accordance with the law and Company regulations.